Friday, January 21, 2011

The Best Surprise Ever

Two weeks ago about this time, I was heading to the hospital to have our baby. I really never could have imagined the extreme happiness that I felt when our sweet baby was born and I heard the doctor say "Well, it's definitely a girl." I really didn't know that I was hoping for a girl, and maybe I wasn't, but as soon as I realized that she was a girl, I was elated.

As our newest miracle was born, I was looking desperately to see if I could see that it was a boy or girl. The umbilical cord was between the legs, so for a split second I thought that maybe it was a boy. But then the doctor turned the baby around, and I could see what I was pretty sure was a girl. Then, when he said those words and the room erupted in cheers and excitement, I knew right then, that our baby girl is what was meant to be. It was perfect. She was perfect. The delivery was perfect, and finally, our family circle was complete.


Thanks Kell!

I don't know where these past two weeks have gone. The time is slipping through my hands like sand that can't be held. I wish I could freeze these moments, the moments that I love to have. Instead, I will simply have to embrace them and live them, each moment to the fullest. Our sweet Kallie, our best surprise ever, will grow each day. Why they can't stay fresh and new for longer I'm not quite sure, but I do know that we love her. She's beautiful. She's darling. She's our Kallie B. Our newest little miracle.

18 comments:

Brinlee said...

She is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! Love these photos!

Kelly said...

So adorable. I can't believe you have 6. She almost got my name. HEHEHE Kallie is close enough. We love you.

Molly said...

After reading that I almost want to wait and let our next baby be a surprise. Great job on the pics Nat. I am so excited to snuggle little Kallie! I would have never guessed your family would end up 3 boys 3 girls. So awesome. Love and miss you guys. See you soon!

Kandace Wittwer said...

She is so sweet! I love the pics!

Lainee said...

She is beautiful. I love the pictures.

Wendy said...

So gorgeous! Wow, those pictures are breathtaking! Congratulations!

Gai said...

OMG! Beautiful!

bows and more said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bows and more said...

Congratulations! She is a DOLL! What darlilng pictures! I am with you in them staying little. It is so sad when it is your last. I wish I know how to freeze time but it is fun at every stage. Congrats again! Kelsi

stephanie said...

she's adorable nat!

Cindy said...

So excited to see these darling new pictures posted. She is truly so beautiful Nat. I loved your comments too. Kallie is another one of your family's precious miracles for sure. Love, love, love the pictures.

Kim and Kyle said...

What a cutie! I NEED to come see her! Hopefully this week now that i'm getting my cold out of the way!

Anonymous said...

nats...she is beautiful. I am so excited for you! I know really can you believe that our babies are growing so fast...it is slipping away too quickly!!! Congrats and now you are three and three...how great is that?

Jane said...

She looks like a Stuart already! She is darling. Love hearing about the moment.

Gretchen said...

Oh Nat...She is the sweetest, most precious little baby girl! SHe is about the prettiest little baby I have ever seen! But what else is to be expected from a little Stuart baby!! I haven't checked in on your blog for a while, and was so excited to see these DARLING pictures! I don't think you could get any more perfect!! She is a doll!

Unknown said...

she's such a dang cutie. The first picture almost made me cry... must be the mom in me. Congrats you guys. Loved how you put it... about your family circle... that's sweet.

The Homer House said...

She is beautiful like her siblings and fits right in. I am so happy that all is well and your circle is complete. I can't wait to meet her...hopefully before she's 5!
Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Kellie did a great job on the pictures! How are you feeling?