Monday, November 30, 2009

Football and Turkey


Me and my sis-n-law Mindy...isn't this turkey a beaut?!?!



Well, the football season is officially over now. Ky's team lost out in the semi-finals and Kole's team lost in the championship game. Not totally the way we wanted to go out, but hey, it was a good season all in all. Good job boys.

Thanksgiving was fun this year. We hosted the Stuart family and my mom and dad came too. I cooked the turkey, waking up at 4 in the morning to get it in the oven to make sure it was done by noon. Well, it was done at 9:30, just a few hours early. lol I didn't know my convection oven would cook the 25 pound bird that fast!

Now it's time to get ready for Christmas. I kinda feel like the scruge this year. Why? Don't know. I just can't get into it. Sad. Maybe it's because I vowed to be completely ready for Christmas by December 1st and well, I haven't even started yet. Hopefully once I get the decorations out I will change my attitude, and I will start getting into it. I hope so, otherwise my poor kiddos won't be having much of a Christmas season.

3 comments:

Lainee said...

Your turkey was beautiful! It's good to hear someone else hasn't started shopping yet either! I have a put up most of my Christmas, but my village is still in the closet. I should be putting it up right now while Addie is asleep, but I am just not in the mood. I hope I snap out of this SOON!

Cindy said...

Hey Nat, It was a fun Thanksgiving for sure. Thanks for having it at your house. You and Mindy did a good job planning and preparing. The table looked so pretty. Sorry we didn't get to toast with your new glasses. I think that was my fault because I got up to take pictures when it was time to start. I don't know why I just didn't wait...wasn't thinking. It was a delicious meal for sure and so nice to be together. Glad your mom and dad got to be there for a little while. Wish they could have stayed longer. Thanks for all your hard work. Love ya

Mindy and Ryan said...

Hey cook of the year!! You Rock. Thanks for always being up for a party at your place. Found Karstens baby picture today in some folders he is the cutest turkey ever. love ya !!