Monday, May 25, 2009

One Sad Little Girl

Well, after spending a fun day at the lake today we came home to find a tragedy. Our little Cloie (Kamz decided to spell her name like this)who we had left outside because we couldn't find her when we were leaving, had had a run in with the dog, and didn't make it out alive. It was so sad. Cloie was such a little sweetie, and when Iron Man would try to play with her she would just kind of lay there and not hiss or scratch at him like her brother Rookie would. So I guess this time he just got playing too rough or something. It was just so devastating for everyone, especially Kambrie. She cried hysterically and it broke my heart. I guess you can say we had a literal Memorial Day.




We made a little blanket out of some scrap fleece and wrapped her in it.




Then we burried her in the field across the street.




Don't let her smile fool ya...she was still so sad. She just wanted to do her best to give Cloie a nice grave and wanted to smile and tell her she loved her one last time.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

This is SO SAD. I am so sad for Kambrie to lose her little Cloie. I am sad for all of you. Such a hard thing to have to deal with when you are so young. She will always remember all the fun she had with her little birthday kitty.

Laura Taylor said...

Oh my gosh that is SO sad! Did that happen after we saw you guys at breakfast? My girls know how she feels, Sam died last year and they were devestated! Tell her we are so sorry! :(

Cynthia said...

I have to admit, I shed a tear when I read about Cloie. I feel so bad for Kambrie! I've never seen her look sooo sad! I'm so sorry. That's sweet you helped her make a blanket to bury her in. I hope she feels better soon...

Tennille said...

That is so sad Nat!