Saturday, January 12, 2008

Gettin' Worked.

Well, I busted out the pink snakeskin Jordan's for my first ever church basketball game today. It won't be my last, but I hope it will be my worst. Whoa! Am I out of basketball shape. It only took me like four times up and down the court to realize that I wouldn't be playing my game the whole game. It was fun, but it totally sucks to not be able to play like you're used to playing because you physically are incapable of it because you're so tired. Although I was in double digits in scoring, I should've, could've had way more, and my rebounding and defense were weak, well, actually my whole game was weak. I'm weak. I gotta step it up. If you see me out running this week, or using Danny's keys to get into the church gym, you will know that the NEVA in me will not let me get worked two games in a row. At least not at age 29. Maybe next year I'll blame it on my old age, but for now, I'm taking no excuses except that I'm weak. Perhaps there's still time to redeem myself. I hope so at least.

No comments: