Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Tribute To Our Pioneer Heritage



This year we celebrated Pioneer Day by going to the Leeds Cemetery to visit the graves of some of our pioneer ancestors. Elijah Knapp Fuller is my great, great, great grandfather and Harriet A. Fuller is my great, great, great grandma. I think the kids liked the visit. It was fun for them to realize they actually have relatives that were pioneers.

After the visit to the cemetery we had a yummy barbeque at my parents' house, and then later that night we went to the RoadRunners baseball game. The game was fun and the fireworks were great afterwards too.

4 comments:

Terry said...

Good job on the cemetary visit. I'm sure there were some big smiles in heaven when they saw your precious little ones come to honor them. I know we are still receiving great blessings because of their accomplishments while here on this earth. I'm so thankful to be numbered among their posterity and for you to be part of mine. Love, Mom

Cindy said...

The pictures will help the kids remember this special day. I really liked your mom's comments.

Anonymous said...

What good parents! That is an awesome way to spend a day, thinking about your heritage! Way to go Nats!

Lindsay said...

Hey Nat,
My blog is going to be private again. I will need your email address. You have the cutest kids. How is it with five?