Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Delicious Harvest



I'm sure you all remember my post about when our little family planted our garden. Well, months later, we've been enjoying our farming efforts as we've been able to eat our squash, tomatoes, banana peppers, red peppers and watermelon. Yum! We still have a few pumpkins growing and many more watermelon to come as well. The kids love checking to see if anything is ready to be picked and they've even shared in the watering duties. Kolter loves to "check on the garden" and asks everyone and anyone if they want to "go check on the garden" with him numerous times a day. He also tells me when the watermelon "curlers" have died and they're ready to be picked. (Thanks Molly for filling us in on how to know when they're ready.) My Grandpa Neva would be so proud of us for growing a garden. He LOVED gardening. I guess his hobby and green thumb just might live on in my little ones, especially Kolter.

Can you believe this good lookin' melon? I might just have to say that it is the best watermelon I have ever seen and it came from our very own garden. Let me tell ya, it was delicious too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum...it looks great...how fun to have a garden...I hope to grow one next year along with growing a lawn and a swing set and all the other growth that needs to happen in a new unlandscaped yard.

Jane said...

I'm so impressed Neva! Looks delicious. I'd like to have a reunion at your house just so we can enjoy your veggies!

Cindy said...

Congrats on the garden growing! Good for you Neva Stuart Mix. So proud of you all. The melon looks delicious. How awesome. I am happy and proud of you. I tasted the squash awhile ago at your house and it was so good.

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MCJaster said...

Yea! Looks delicious. Kudos to you all for successful gardening. I'm jealous.

Molly said...

I'm so glad my little tip helped. That is a beautiful melon. Props!

kellbell said...

have missed ya! I've been wondering about you! Isnt that bedding soo cute! I bet you are having a girl ...it seems everyone is preggers and having girls! Miss ya ~KEll

Tasha said...

Hey Natalie!
This is Tasha from good old Dillon, MT. What a beautiful family you have! Your story about taking your kid to school was so funny. That sounds like something that would happen to me. I got to see Jamie in Dillon and it was so fun to see her and get caught up on your family a little bit. And then I found your blog. We have one too if you want to check it out sometime at jtharrisplace.blogspot.com.
Take Care!

BMWilliams said...

Yummy, I'm glad to see some pics up, your garden is beautiful, Tysen said we need to dig up our grass and make a garden like yours, you'll have to give me some tips, I wouldnt know where to start, love you guys!