Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympic Glory

I'm just going to brag a little bit and let everyone know that one of my best friend's husbands is in the Olympics. His name is Jake Gibb and he is a pro beach volleyball player. I'm so excited for Jane and Jake! This is such an incredible experience...dream come true. Jane was my setter my sophomore year at Dixie (no wonder Jake married her, she was a little stud setter besides being a hottie. Yah, both my brothers had a huge crush on her and pretty much loved coming to my games to watch HER.) Anyway, I still remember the first time Jake watched us play at a tournament at UVSC, and then the first time I watched him play here in St. George at the spring tourney over at the park. He amazed me then, but now...Olympic Glory. Wow. Nothing could compare. So everyone, cheer for team Gibb/Rosenthal. Here are their game times...yah, I guess we missed the first one.

August 10th at 7:00am, August 12th at 8:00am, and August 14th at 5:00am. (These are Utah times).

Party, my house for the game on the 14th. Everyone invited, you can come in your PJ's. hahaha J/K I really think I'll watch it though, so come over if you want.

UPDATE:
Ok, ok...so the times posted above are actual times that they play, but I've come to find out that they are not the times that the games are broadcast. So, just check your local listings to find out when you can see them play.



USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

That is so cool! I will be cheering for them. I saw the mens indoor volley ball and a speck of one game of sand volleyball. I watched the USA beat Spain or someone. Go USA!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome...I have been loveing the Olympics...I will keep my eye out for him!

Tani said...

NEVA! Isn't this just so cool! I need to blog about it but don't have any time! Hopefully I'll get something out there tonight. Who ever thought our little Fonda would be in China watching her husband, the olympian!!! :)

Cindy said...

Saw Jake's team play last night. I have been recording everything so I am not sure if it was recent or from another day. They did great. They showed your friend Jane alot. Are they not LDS? Being from UT and he coming from a large family I just asumed they were. Jane got her 15 seconds of fame a few times. Fun! Go USA!

Valerie said...

That was really a great time watching their journey through everything. Could you not be happier for Fonda? Couldn't happen to a better person. I love how much she supports him in all of it! Even though everything ended sooner that we hoped, what a great experience to tell for a lifetime!