Saturday, May 15, 2010

Kambrie #9

Kambrie had a great season of her second year playing Coach Pitch/T-ball.  One night on the way to the game she was in the back seat and said to me "Mom, I'm going to hit a home run tonight."  She was very confident, but because she hadn't hit a homerun yet, I was a little doubtfull as to whether or not she would.  Well, she not only hit one homerun that night, but she hit two!  Each time she got up to bat she got a great hit to the outfield, and since she's so fast like her mom ;) she of course made it all the way home.  Now the best part of the story is that almost every single time she got up to bat in her games after that she hit a home run.  Really, I think she only hit three times that she didn't.  I guess a little confidence goes a long way. I love the pictures above because I took them as she was finishing up one of her homeruns.  Our little #9 is turning into quite the little player.  Number nine has a great story in our family and it just keeps on getting better.  My dad was #9 when he played little league and my little brother, Spike, chose to be #9 too. He wore it from little league clear up to high school. Then the little nephews always wanted to be #9 like Uncle Spike, and now Kambrie wanted to be #9 because of her "friend" Landon that wears #9 that plays on the Sliderzz.  I guess it's a legendary number that continues to live on...

6 comments:

Lainee said...

There is just something about that #9 that makes me smile. :) She is dang cute baseball player!

Cindy said...

Beautiful 7 year old...cute baseball player. Kambrie has the most beautiful eyes. She is another Mindy, getting every good feature from both sides of her family and those features being even more beautiful.

Boo and Sara said...

That is cute. Love #9 :). Kambrie is gorgeous!

Kyle Neva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly said...

Looks like an awesome year.

Kyle Neva said...

I can't believe that I got censored like that!! Ha ha jk. Awesome story sis.