Sunday, February 28, 2010

Adding to the Hardware Collection


The Sliderzz won another tournament this weekend.  This time it was in the rain so they only played two games before calling the tourney.  We were the only team with no losses, so we were named the Champs.  Ky pitched a couple innings and played short stop for the first time.  He had fun playing in the middle of the field.  I had fun watching him rob a kid of his homerun by throwing him out at home from the cut off after he hit a bomb to deep center.  Really, I actually felt bad for the kid who got out :(  How sad is that to get a sweet hit and then get out.  It reminded me a little of the the time when I was a junior playing in the state tourney.  We were playing Hawthorne and Angela Munger (their top dog) was on third base. The girl up to bat hit it to me in center field and Munger thought she was going to score on the tag.  I, on the other hand, decided to throw her out.  It was sweet.  Even I was kinda surprised that I got it there in time. Angela, a friend of mine, was pretty fast.  It's amazing what a little adrenaline will do for ya. Anyway, glory days are over.  Let's get back to the present...

Ky had a killer at bat at the end of the game.  The bases were loaded with two outs and he started out with an 0-2 count.  As his mom, you know I was dying.  Well, after the count was full and Ky fouled off two more pitches, he ended up getting walked to score the tying run. On the next batter, first pitch was a past ball and we stole home to win the game!  Another exciting victory for the Sliderzz.  

3 comments:

Kim and Kyle said...

Noodle it's Spike. So where you surprised when you gunned her and then you woke up?? Ha ha JK

Mom of Mix Kids said...

lol!! Spikie...I was just waiting for you to read this post and make fun of me :) Don't you remember it? You were a little guy cheering loud in the crowd with Cameron Norcross. I think you had braces on at the time. haha

Lainee said...

Love the picture! Ky last bat was stressful for me and I wasn't even his mother! He is such a great little player! Can't wait for this weekend! :)